Sunday, April 26, 2009

Quincy Market - Boston

I was at the Quincy Market in Boston on Saturday. I must admit that it is the most liveliest place that i have seen in the US so far. The market has open air restaurants, wonderful shops for all wallet sizes, street performers who are awesome. I rate it better than Times Square, NY too.

Things that impressed me the best

1) The old world charm

2) A performer who was using buckets and vessels to play his drum beats.

3) The vegetable market.

I used to go by train to school for a couple of years. Near the railway station is a vegetable markets where the vendors would shout out loud with their offer prices for the vegetables. We would go there on Sundays to buy vegetables and bargain with the vendors till the point of the vendor getting wild enough to kill us. It would be a 2 hour exercise to search, pick, bargain and buy vegetables. The vegetable market reminded me of the Ambattur railway station market in Chennai. It was awesome.

 

IMG_0393 IMG_0394 IMG_0395 IMG_0400

No comments:

Post a Comment