Friday, April 10, 2009

New Orleans

New Orleans was quite uneventful. I stayed in a very old hotel in the French Quarter area. The hotel was a minute away from the famous Bourbon Street. But no point. This was an official visit with the vice president of sales, a 40 plus gentleman, accompanying me. I had no choice but to behave decent. Well, would it have been any different if i were alone? Probably not. Any different if any of my friends were with me? Probably yes.

New Orleans has a convention center which is about 1.5 miles long. The event that i had to attend was organized here. The interesting part is the sessions were scheduled in hall D, exhibition in hall I, food in hall C. So, if you were at the exhibition hall and you had to go for lunch, you would have to walk about a mile before you reached the lunch spot and if you had to come back to the exhibition hall after lunch, you are hungry again by the time you reach the exhibition hall you are hungry all over again.

Food in New Orleans was very close to the Indian food. Nice and Spicy. Though being a vegetarian did not help me much, whatever i got was nice and tasty.

Go around the city and you can still feel the effect of Katrina in the city. Lots of ruined buildings. Apparently, some business houses never returned to the city. It was sad. Well, it looked like India in some ways. The constructions were very different from other parts of the US. They looked very Indian to me though. Unfortunately did not have a camera to capture these pictures.

When i was leaving New Orleans to Atlanta, i had to do something that i had vowed never to do in my life. Unpack my luggage at the airport and shuffle things around. I always thought i would pay the extra cost for carrying extra luggage and get away with it. The amount they charged for 2 pounds extra in New Orleans was so exorbitant that ran from the counter to unpack and shuffle my things around to get the weight down in my check in luggage.

Then a relaxing flight to Atlanta….

No comments:

Post a Comment